defence we want. "We want guys flying t | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
cx888
cx888 Jul 12
Outstanding Penrith rookie Nathan Cleary concedes his father Ivan would never have given him his NRL debut this season if he was still coaching the Panthers. New York Jets Sam Darnold Jersey .However, the young halfback says he is looking forward to going head-to-head with his father when he returns to the first grade coaching ranks.Ivan Cleary was sacked by the Panthers at the end of last season. Anthony Griffin was brought in and handed Nathan Cleary his NRL debut in round 13 against Melbourne.Nathan has been a key player in the Panthers charge to Saturdays semi-final against Canberra.But he believes he would still be waiting to make his NRL debut if Ivan remained at the Panthers.I think that would have been the case but that is the way it goes, Nathan Cleary said.It would have been hard for my dad to make those big choices. To give me a start. But it has worked out well and hopefully dad can get a coaching job in the next few weeks.Ivan Cleary has been strongly linked to an NRL return ever since his departure from Penrith. St George Illawarra has been mentioned more recently as his next possible assignment.It would present an interesting battle if, or rather, when, father and son meet.We actually spoke about it not long ago, I look forward to it if it eventually happens, Nathan Cleary said.Speaking at the Rugby League Players Association Awards, Nathan Cleary said he didnt expect to play more than one game this year, after Griffin told him he would make his debut during the State of Origin period.I sat down with Hook (Griffin) halfway through the season and he said I am going to try and get you a game through the Origin period, Cleary said.I thought it was just going to be the one off game, I am stoked I got a few after that and from there it has just rolled on.Clearys stunning debut year could get even better against Canberra, with the winner at GIO Stadium one victory away from the grand final.I was definitely nervous coming into last weeks game (elimination final win over Canterbury) but getting amongst it put those nerves away, he said.Canberra are a great team. I am looking forward to the challenge, I am sure I will be nervous but I just cant wait.And Cleary Jnr does admit to his likeness to his old man. Over a 186-game first grade career and 249-game coaching career, Ivan was also know for is cool demeanour.I dont know such that he has passed it on it is just a personality trait (we have), Nathan Cleary said. New York Jets Trenton Cannon Jersey . As the crowd erupted, Davis knocked the ball off the glass and back into his hands. With 1:14 to go in overtime, Davis sixth block also became his 17th rebound. That, along with his 32 points -- which tied a career high -- proved too much for Denver to overcome, and the Pelicans held on for their third straight victory, 111-107 on Sunday night. New York Jets Chris Herndon Jersey . He just needed to be his best twisting, turning acrobatic self. "I didnt need to be anybody else, I just needed to be myself and be aggressive," said Burks, who scored a career-high 34 points to spark the Utah Jazz to a 118-103 victory over the Denver Nuggets on Monday night. http://www.cheapjetsjerseys.us/ . The team says the Spain international has a muscle pull in his right leg. Barcelona hosts third-division side Cartagena in the return leg of their round-of-32 tie after winning their first meeting 4-1.WINNIPEG -- Winnipeg Blue Bombers head coach Tim Burke has been asking for more intensity and he got it in spades Wednesday, as two more scraps erupted between his players at training camp. It was the second straight day of fighting at Bombers practice, with the first tussle a minor scrap between a pair of rookie receivers. The second, however, was a lot more dramatic. It was brief, but the clash between members of the offence and defence resulted from a scuffle between offensive lineman Steve Morley and defensive lineman Kenny Mainor. Defensive back Jonathan Hefney and other members of the secondary jumped in and after that it all got very confusing, ending with a pile of players on the field. Burke was not amused. "Im not a big fan of that," he said. "You cant do it in a game, so why do it in practice? If you allow it to happen in practice then theres a chance it will happen in a game." Burke says he got a lot of "he said, she said" from players about the incident but would look at film to see if further discipline was warranted. "If I saw somebody really take a cheap shot, then Ill do something about it," he said. "Unless you really see it on film you cant really believe anybody." Right after the melee, the entire team had to do a series of "up-downs" for the entire lenggth of the field. Cheap Nike Jets Jerseys. . Burke has been riding the secondary pretty hard, saying if they didnt shape up some were going to get shipped out. He wanted more intensity from his players and Hefney said he got it Wednesday. "I felt like it shows intensity, your passion, how hard you want to play, how much you love your teammates," he said. In practice "your team" is the defence or the offence, he said. Mainor said he didnt expect a similar incident to happen again. "Wed rather run around and play football than do up-downs so no, I dont think well have too much more of that," he said. Added Morley: "It was a good little dustup and tires guys out and ... makes you focus a little harder for the rest of the practice." He said they were told if it happens again there would be major repercussions, so there isnt likely to be a recurrence. Meanwhile, Burke says he was a lot happier with what hes seen from the veterans in the secondary, both in the second practice Tuesday and Wednesday. "I was really happy with it yesterday. It looked like a bunch of piranhas out there with a piece of meat," he said. "Thats the kind of defence we want. "We want guys flying to the football and you cant, you wont do it in a game if you havent developed the habit in practice." Cheap NFL HoodiesCheap Nike NFL JerseysWholesale Nike NFL JerseysWholesale Jerseys Free ShippingJerseys NFL ChinaWholesale NFL Autographed JerseysCheap Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '